Wednesday 23 November 2016

KENYAN TAG

 
kenyan


I love Youtube and mostly vloggers channels. I could die watching Kenyans in diaspora vlog, as long as they are very true to who they are. Not the sassy lads who got on the plane, pretending to have been twanging for 25years and they are barely out of Nairobi. Who knows, you got to fake it until you make it.

My favorite video blogger is probably........i actually have no idea because i checked my account and I'm following over 10kenyan youtubers but in case you just woke me up, I'd quickly mention:
  • Bahati Nzuri just for her simplicity. And the chica got curves for days. *just saying*
  • Dolline Cera for her epic Kenyan tag part 2 with her 'Nguys'. I loveeeed it. she is really good with just talking out real life events.
finally...
  • My favorite... for her simple yet classy fashion and beauty trail...and probably a super inspiring blogger who moved from hobby to career. This is Ess - Sharon Mundia
OK Lets do the Kenyan tag, i mean just because it's mostly done on youtube who said it can't be written down...well visual is better but lets see if we got this.

1. were you born in Kenya?

Yaaaas, born and bred in Nairobi, Kenya.

2. Which part of Kenya are you from?

I was born and raised in Nairobi but my upcountry is Marakusi {saying it like a luhya} 
FYI its in Western, Lugari county.

3. Who is famous from your country?

Oooooook hehehehe I know Mwigai-Thee-GuyπŸ˜‰ (Hon. Uhuru Kenyatta - 'Mr.President'), the preety Kambua for her lovely gospel songs. I am actually out of famous names. 

Huh, how can i forget the guys from the breakfast show. Maina and King'ang'i. Well if your a frequent commuter like me, you have got to agree they do keep you listening while your stuck in traffic.

4. When was the last time you were in Kenya?

Hmmm i was last here a second ago. Sigh i think its actually meant for diasporic people. I'm in Kenya.

DISCLAIMER! 
Diasporic is not a word! πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜… My siblings have a disease of making up words like stotaken which means taking without permission but not really stealing...and i think i got infected.


5. What is your favorite Kenyan song?

shucks man!

6. Do you speak the language?

IDK what the question meant to ask but do i speak any other language besides English?. 

YES! Swahili but i don't know why my performance in school was disastrous in that subject...

I can understand Luhya - more of the maragoli dialect and i can speak enough to get me out of an emergency.

French - shallowly. 

7. Do you like the music of your culture?

Luhya music, yes... a few...one or two.
Kenyan music... a couple.
African music... yaaaas! If you know me then you know I love Lingala terribly.

8. What is in your house that represent Kenya?

The house! oops IN my house......Me! Everything i guess.
Diasporic question.

9. What is the best part about your country?
 
Nature, oh how we have such beautiful scenery at our disposal. 
I feel like no matter who you are for as long as you decide to even take a walk around your hood, something natural will blow your mind. Now imagine planning a getaway. You have got to visit Masaai Mara, Watamu, the Game Reserves around Nairobi and Samburu. you will want to be Tarzan and quit the city life.

10. Fave Kenyan food.

Ingoho loved me first 😁😁😁, i love pumpkin leaves and kunde with Ugali. 
Chapatis.
Nyam chom in the morning, nyam chom in the noon time, nyama choma anytime.

11. What do you hate about Kenya?

Politics. i know its everywhere. I actually thought America was immune to political dramas, the land of milk and honey just got a taste of the lemon. Well i feel like Kenyans take it to another level with political riots, demonstrations and debates. I don't like it at all.

Another thing is inconsistency, We are fond of getting comfortable with doing a good deed once!...Planting grass in the city, cleaning every road and residential area. Sometimes you wake up and Nairobi is just pretty but the moment you say Amen! you might lose your sense of smell because some sewer got full and someone 'forgot' to attend to it. Yeah i mean we all forget things right?.

Land and housing is overrated....you should hear the prices. My goodness! We are about to get to a point where you will either inherit land or build castles in the air because you will have to be a billionaire to buy it. Welcome to NYC - Nairobi York Citeeey!

12. What would you change about Kenya?

Is this a trick question where, if i say something I'll be accused of not being proud of my homeland???πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜• Hmmmm what would i Improve? The sanitary level. Still needs work. We have got to protect the environment to maintain a healthy one. 

Security.
Transport system. 

If those 3 things can be improved....then we would have our own continent under our name.

13. What is your Kenyan name?

IMINZA.

Oh well. Thats it. I kinda liked it, it had a flow to it. I hope to see another do this too and read their thoughts as well.

Hope you enjoyed it.

AngelπŸ’✌

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think Loves!